tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Federico Fissore <>
Subject Re: embedded tomcat, "work" folder wipe out issue
Date Sat, 03 Jul 2010 11:11:45 GMT
赵顺, il 03/07/2010 10:13, ha scritto:
> It seems like the bug
> the tomcat delete workdir while startup with errors

uhm no, in this case it's me that it's clearing the work folder and btw
I have some fifty webapps that runs smootly, restarting and continuously
redeploying every day. just sometimes one or two (at random manifest the

Really looks like a concurrency problem to me: too random but hard to
spot (I have 12 server with 4 to 10 tomcats running and it's not always
the same server suffering the problem)

in the meanwhile, digging into log files, I've found a
Jul 3, 2010 6:36:09 AM org.apache.jasper.EmbeddedServletOptions <init>
SEVERE: The scratchDir you specified:

is unusable.
Jul 3, 2010 6:36:09 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init

I've checked the permissions and they are all ok (every tomcat runs with
same user privileges and they own the whole folder structure)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message