tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Mod_jk: Uri * is invalid. Uri must start with /
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 14:17:57 GMT
On 02.07.2010 14:50, Matteo Turra wrote:
> I have Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) and mod_jk/1.2.28 with a Tomcat 6.0.20 farm
> in load balancing.
>
> In the mod_jk.log I get a line like this each second.
>
> [warn] map_uri_to_worker_ext::jk_uri_worker_map.c (962): Uri * is
> invalid. Uri must start with /
>
> I checked all the JkMount directive in the virtual host
>
> Any suggestion?

The broken URI is the one send with the request. I assume there's some
probing going on, like live checking done by a load balancer, end-to-end
monitoring or similar.

I guess they are sending you something like

OPTIONS * HTTP/1.1

which is a vlid request, but mod-jk complains. Nothings broken, but of
course the warning is annoying. You could file an issue in bugzilla,
because this will be easy to fix (don't warn if the URI is '*').

Regards,

Rainer