tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Federico Fissore <fiss...@celi.it>
Subject embedded tomcat, "work" folder wipe out issue
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:36:22 GMT
hello all

first mail to the list: please forward me to any RTFM you may think useful

I've embedded tomcat so to have multiple webapps running with separate
java processes (each embedded tomcat runs its own webapp, listening to a
different tcp port), because of some memory issues we have.

having some issues with jsps not being recompiled after an upgrade of a
webapp (that takes a restart of its tomcat), we scripted the wipe out of
that context "work" folder

say the folder is
/opt/tomcats/work/StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/myWebApp]Engine/...
after tomcat has stopped, we delete the "myWebApp]Engine" folder so to
oblige the starting tomcat to recompile every jsp

that USUALLY works fine BUT some times I got a "JasperException: Unable
to load class for JSP", with the root cause being
"ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.systemCheck_jsp"

I checked for that file in the work folder and it's there! both the
.java and .class files

Restarting tomcat, until now, solved the issue

what do you think is going on?

thank you in advance

federico