tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 creates 0 byte files
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 09:19:21 GMT
Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 02/07/2010 11:00, André Warnier wrote:
>
>> - up to Tomcat 5.5, there was an application called DAV available with
>> Tomcat.
>
> The WebDAV servlet is still there in Tomcat 7. We just removed the
> example app from 6 onwards.

Noted, thanks.
But it seems hard to find.
I do not see any obvious links to it on http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/index.html
If I wanted to set this up, where do I start ?

(I have never used it personally with Tomcat.  Assuming I wanted to, is it "safe", like
production-safe (or like Apache's mod_dav safe) ?)

>> - see http://commons.apache.org/fileupload/
>> (this may even be included in Tomcat by now; I think I heard something
>> about this a while ago)
>
> File upload is part of the Servlet 3 spec so that feature is in Tomact 7.

Ah.  So that means that Tomcat can now handle multipart/form-data POSTs in general ?