tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: using Servlet Filter to rewrite domain of JSESSIONID cookie?
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2010 08:45:53 GMT
Pid wrote:
> On 02/07/2010 08:31, André Warnier wrote:
>> Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>>
>>> Nikita,

>>> This sounds like a job for a non-JSESSIONID cookie that is created from
>>> your own code.
>>>
>> +1
>>
>> But I am still lost as to what you are calling "sites" and "subdomains"
>> and "deployed at site1.widget.com".
>> If I follow the explanation above, you have something like this :
>> <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps">
>>  <Alias>site1.widget.com</Alias>
>>  <Alias>site2.widget.com</Alias>
>>  <Alias>site3.widget.com</Alias>
>>  <Alias>site4.widget.com</Alias>
>> </Host>
>
> You can omit the aliases and just rely on the defaultHost setting in
> Engine to route all requests to a specific Host.

I know, but I am trying to get a grip of what the OP means by sites etc..
This is to try to figure out if, apart from modifying the domain of the JSESSIONID cookie

(which seems difficult), there is a better solution to the OP's underlying issue (Google
Analytics).
Maybe this thing can be solved by a simple servlet filter, or UrlRewriteFilter, or some
dispatching servlet, or having the application do a getHostName() or ..