tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier>
Subject Re: using Servlet Filter to rewrite domain of JSESSIONID cookie?
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 22:07:07 GMT
Nikita Tovstoles wrote:
> thanks for the pointers. However, emptySessionPath - from what I can tell -
> only deals with paths (not domain). how could I use it do ignore
>  subdomains?
What I do not really understand in all this, is what the point is, of having the same
JSESSIONID (and by extension, I suppose, session) for different domains.
(And I find the term "sub-domain" confusing, apart from the fact that technically, there
is no such thing).
If you have 2 hosts and, they could be virtual hosts
inside the same tomcat, but they could also be entirely distinct hosts with two separate
Tomcat's, and the client would/should never know.
So having the same "session" covering the two hosts does not seem to make sense, to me at

I can understand storing some other information into a separate cookie, which would be
valid for the whole, but the session-id ?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message