tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: using Servlet Filter to rewrite domain of JSESSIONID cookie?
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 09:07:36 GMT

> Nikita,
>
> On 6/30/2010 6:20 PM, Nikita Tovstoles wrote:
>> I'd like to make session cookie domain-wide, and ignore subdomains - in
>> Tomcat 6.
>
> You could use the emptySessionPath="true" setting in your<Connector>.
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html

The next version of Tomcat 6 to be released will contain configuration
options for changing the domain, path and name. Those options will be
part of the context element and described on the docs page linked above.

The vote for 6.0.28 is happening now, so if nothing bad is found we will
have that release in a few days.

You can already grab and test it:

http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/tomcat-6/v6.0.28/

WARNING: this is not yet an official release! wait for the official
release before using it in production.

Regards,

Rainer