tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: JK connector and extra characters showing up
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2010 08:00:02 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
>> Subject: Re: JK connector and extra characters showing up
>>
>> Those 4 extra characters are likely to be the chunk size. 31 66 66 38
>> is, well, "1ff8", which is 792 in decimal.
>
> Not on my calculator; would you believe 8184 in decimal?  There's an extremely low probability
of having a decimal value containing fewer digits than its hex equivalent...

Guys,
is it me, or you, that is getting a bit confused here ?
First of all, what /are/ these captures ?
 From re-reading David's original post :

Here are some snippets of packet captures (tcpdump) to show what I mean.
Tomcat to web server through JK connector, same for Sun One and Apache

It is not really clear where this data was captured. Between Tomcat and the jk connector
(emebedded in the webserver) ? In that case, we are looking at binary data in AJP
protocol format, not at HTTP data per se. Not so ?
And if so, what's to tell what this "1f f8" might really be there for ?

Apologies if I'm the confused one.