Hi,

Thanks for the useful link. I have gotten a thread dump using kill -3 .

You can find it in the attached file.

Özgür Özdemircili
http://www.acikkod.org
Code so clean you could eat off it

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:
> From: Ozgur Ozdemircili [mailto:ozgur.ozdemircili@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat current thread count
>
> What would be the possible ways of finding where the problem lies ?

As previously stated, take a thread dump *before* the JVM crashes and find out what your threads are stuck on.  Your monitoring tool probably may have that capability built-in; if it doesn't, look here:

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_do_I_obtain_a_thread_dump_of_my_running_webapp_.3F

 - Chuck