tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Harbulot <Bruno.Harbu...@manchester.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Convert a certificate from IIS (.PFX) into a (.keystore) for Apache Tomcat v 6.x
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:42:52 GMT

On 23/06/10 23:04, ian loyola wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I'm running IIS version 6 and Apache Tomcat 6.x on a Windows 2003 enterprise server.
I had to renew SSL certificates for both the IIS and Tomcat web server.

> I was told to raise a CSR from the IIS server and create a certificate. The certificate
(.PFX) could then be converted into a (.keystore) file for Tomcat. Unfortunately, I'm struggling
with this.

> Generating a new CSR is unfortunately not an option as it needs to be completed tomorrow.
>
> Could you please please assist me to convert a certificate from IIS (.PFX) into a (.keystore)
for Apache Tomcat v 6.x?

As far as I'm aware, .PFX files are PKCS#12 files.

Why convert instead of using that file and keystoreType="PKCS12"?

Best wishes,

Bruno.