tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bernard Giannetti <thebernmeis...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Accessing a directory/file outside of the webapps directory
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 09:05:59 GMT

Thanks - I'll try the second method.  I don't know if I am or am not running under a security
manager.  I've just got a standard install of Tomcat - so whatever comes out of the box is
what I'm running.

BTW, I've not be able to get either method to actually work at this stage...just stumbling
my way through the dark!

> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 09:46:31 +0100
> From: markt@apache.org
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Accessing a directory/file outside of the webapps directory
>
> On 04/06/2010 08:54, Bernard Giannetti wrote:
> > One method I have found is to define a context.xml file under the servlet's META-INF
directory and within specify (somehow) the path of the DataFiles directory.  Something such
as: