tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <yucca...@live.co.za>
Subject Re: [OT] Re: problems at thejarbar.org
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:53:15 GMT
Hello tomcats !! :) A quick question as I tackle configuring jndi resource
for first time: I was referred to using jndi in production environmrnt snd
hsve noted through documentation found in  test server that there are 3
possible places to define jndi resources:
1)the server .xml(for every webapp in server if I am correct.
2)context.xml
3)web.xml

As I am planning on only using this resource for multiple webapps in same
domain, am I right in asuming server.xml is correct choice to define jndi
resource?

In addition I am to define jndi used in server.xml again in web.xml?

I now need to know how / where to configure parameters for mysql connections
or are the defaults acceptable for production?