tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <yucca...@live.co.za>
Subject Re: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:08:53 GMT
I manually added the "lib" dir to root of production server and am still
stuck with same exception....

I now have also remove mysql connector as provider instructed me t because
there is already a connector on server-side...

My last hope, it would appear is that I missed something in config files so
I am posting all 3 here in hope of moving on.

SERVER:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<!--
  contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
  The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
  (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
  the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

  limitations under the License.
-->
<!-- Note:  A "Server" is not itself a "Container", so you may not
     define subcomponents such as "Valves" at this level.
     Documentation at /docs/config/server.html
 -->
<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

  <!--APR library loader. Documentation at /docs/apr.html -->
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener"
SSLEngine="on" />
  <!--Initialize Jasper prior to webapps are loaded. Documentation at
/docs/jasper-howto.html -->
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener" />
  <!-- Prevent memory leaks due to use of particular java/javax APIs-->
  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener" />
  <!-- JMX Support for the Tomcat server. Documentation at
/docs/non-existent.html -->
  <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"
/>
  <Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener" />

  <!-- Global JNDI resources
       Documentation at /docs/jndi-resources-howto.html
  -->
  <GlobalNamingResources>
    <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
         UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users
    -->
      <Resource
        name="jdbc/auth"
        description="The Jar Bar user authentication"
        type="javax.sql.DataSource"
        auth="Container"
        driverClassName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
        maxActive="30" maxIdle="10"
        maxWait="10000"
        password="pookie123"
        url="jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/yucca123_thejarbar"
        validationQuery="/* ping */ SELECT 1"
        username="yucca123_tom"/>

  </GlobalNamingResources>

  <!-- A "Service" is a collection of one or more "Connectors" that share
       a single "Container" Note:  A "Service" is not itself a "Container",
       so you may not define subcomponents such as "Valves" at this level.
       Documentation at /docs/config/service.html
   -->
  <Service name="Catalina">

    <!--The connectors can use a shared executor, you can define one or more
named thread pools-->
    <!--
    <Executor name="tomcatThreadPool" namePrefix="catalina-exec-"
        maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="4"/>
    -->

    <!-- A "Connector" represents an endpoint by which requests are received
         and responses are returned. Documentation at :
         Java HTTP Connector: /docs/config/http.html (blocking &
non-blocking)
         Java AJP  Connector: /docs/config/ajp.html
         APR (HTTP/AJP) Connector: /docs/apr.html
         Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080
    -->
    <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />
    <!-- A "Connector" using the shared thread pool-->
    <!--
    <Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool"
               port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />
    -->
    <!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
         This connector uses the JSSE configuration, when using APR, the
         connector should be using the OpenSSL style configuration
         described in the APR documentation -->
    <!--
    <Connector port="8443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />
    -->

    <Connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

    <!-- An Engine represents the entry point (within Catalina) that
processes
         every request.  The Engine implementation for Tomcat stand alone
         analyzes the HTTP headers included with the request, and passes
them
         on to the appropriate Host (virtual host).
         Documentation at /docs/config/engine.html -->

    <!-- You should set jvmRoute to support load-balancing via AJP ie :
    <Engine name="Catalina" defaultHost="localhost" jvmRoute="jvm1">
    -->

      <!--For clustering, please take a look at documentation at:
          /docs/cluster-howto.html  (simple how to)
          /docs/config/cluster.html (reference documentation) -->
      <!--
      <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"/>
      -->

      <!-- The request dumper valve dumps useful debugging information about
           the request and response data received and sent by Tomcat.
           Documentation at: /docs/config/valve.html -->
      <!--
      <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>
      -->

      <!-- This Realm uses the UserDatabase configured in the global JNDI
           resources under the key "UserDatabase".  Any edits
           that are performed against this UserDatabase are immediately
           available for use by the Realm.  -->
      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.DataSourceRealm"
       userTable="users"
       userNameCol="user_name"
       userCredCol="user_pass"
       userRoleTable="user_roles"
       roleNameCol="role_name"
       dataSourceName="jdbc/auth"/>

      <!-- Define the default virtual host
           Note: XML Schema validation will not work with Xerces 2.2.
       -->
      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps"
            unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

        <!-- SingleSignOn valve, share authentication between web
applications
             Documentation at: /docs/config/valve.html -->
        <!--
        <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" />
        -->

        <!-- Access log processes all example.
             Documentation at: /docs/config/valve.html -->
        <!--
directory="logs"
               prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt" pattern="common"
resolveHosts="false"/>
        -->

      </Host>
    </Engine>
  </Service>
</Server>

CONTEXT.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <Context antiJARLocking="true"
        reloadable="true">

      <ResourceLink name="jdbc/auth"
                global="jdbc/auth"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
    </Context>

WEB.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
          http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
           version="2.5">
    <error-page>
        <exception-type>java.lang.Throwable</exception-type>
        <location>/oops.jsp</location>

    </error-page>

    <servlet>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <resource-ref>
  <description>This is a MySQL database connection</description>
  <res-ref-name>jdbc/auth</res-ref-name>
  <res-auth>Container</res-auth>
</resource-ref>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
    <welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

    <security-role><role-name>RegisteredUser</role-name></security-role>
    <security-role>
        <role-name>Admin</role-name>
    </security-role>

    <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>loggedInUser</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>/pages/user/secure/*</url-pattern>
            <http-method>GET</http-method>
            <http-method>POST</http-method>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
            <role-name>RegisteredUser</role-name>

        </auth-constraint>

    </security-constraint>
    <security-constraint>
        <web-resource-collection>
            <web-resource-name>AdminArea</web-resource-name>
            <url-pattern>/pages/admin/*</url-pattern>
            <http-method>GET</http-method>
            <http-method>POST</http-method>
        </web-resource-collection>
        <auth-constraint>
            <role-name>Admin</role-name>
        </auth-constraint>

    </security-constraint>
    <login-config>
        <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
        <form-login-config>
            <form-login-page>/login.jsf</form-login-page>
            <form-error-page>/loginerror.jsf</form-error-page>
        </form-login-config>
    </login-config>

     <context-param>
         <param-name>email</param-name>
         <param-value>thejartender@thejarbar.org</param-value>
     </context-param>
</web-app>

I am probably missing a tag I guess from one of the configurations and can
not tell where.