tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Clark <acl...@intellicominc.com>
Subject RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP Port
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:47:06 GMT
The RDP port is in the registry. It's at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber

Bug or not, it only happens when Tomcat is running.

Aaron K. Clark
Senior Technician
A+, Network+ & CCNA
Intellicom, Inc
(308) 237 - 0684 x 228
(308) 234 - 6645 (Fax)
1700 2nd Ave
Kearney, Ne 68847

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:30 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP Port

> From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
> Subject: Re: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP
> Port
>
> It also doesn't have a mechanism for changing it's own port, or any
> other application's port once it's running.

Actually, no process has the ability to change the ports used by some other process.  I have
to think this is a serious Windows bug - getting handles confused.  Often observed on other
versions of Windows for various objects (especially icons), so it doesn't really surprise
me that the tradition continues in 2K8R2.

The RDP port does not appear to be kept in the registry (other than in the firewall open port
list), so it doesn't look like it could be an inadvertent registry edit causing the problem.

 - Chuck

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with it
may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,
dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply E-mail and destroy all copies
of the original message. Additionally, we will take the appropriate action to avoid sending
you an unintended E-mail in the future. Thank you for your cooperation.