tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Clark <acl...@intellicominc.com>
Subject RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP Port
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:44:39 GMT
When we stop the service the port stops changing. It's a microcomputer system; Anything is
possible.

Aaron K. Clark
Senior Technician
A+, Network+ & CCNA
Intellicom, Inc
(308) 237 - 0684 x 228
(308) 234 - 6645 (Fax)
1700 2nd Ave
Kearney, Ne 68847

-----Original Message-----
From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:02 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP Port

On 23/06/2010 15:47, Aaron Clark wrote:
> 1) Terminal Services starts listening on port 80 instead of 3380
>
> 2) We determined this by disabling Tomcat. The problem stopped. This is happening on
their website, so we would know it happens because customers would call in saying the website
is down.

> 3) Right now (before the switch) it is showing tomcat running on 80 and svchost running
on 3389. I haven't run this command after the switch yet.

> 4) Tomcat is what runs on port 80, yes.

Tomcat has no knowledge of any other service, unless it's running an application which does.

It also doesn't have a mechanism for changing it's own port, or any other application's port
once it's running.

What applications are you running and could one of those be causing the problem?

> Aaron K. Clark
> Senior Technician
> A+, Network+ & CCNA
> Intellicom, Inc
> (308) 237 - 0684 x 228
> (308) 234 - 6645 (Fax)
> 1700 2nd Ave
> Kearney, Ne 68847

svchost.exe suddenly appears to be listening on port 80 instead of 3389?

> 2) How did you determine this?
>
> 3) What does netstat -ano show both before and after the apparent switch?
>
> 4) Is Tomcat normally the process listening on port 80?
>
> - Chuck

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication and any files or attachments transmitted with
it may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. It is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,
dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply E-mail and destroy all copies
of the original message. Additionally, we will take the appropriate action to avoid sending
you an unintended E-mail in the future. Thank you for your cooperation.