tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Unable to start Tomcat 6 on Windows Server 2003
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:21:43 GMT

#define ESRCH  3 /* No such process */

it appears you are attempting to run a binary which is

1)not in the location you are supposedly running from

2)perms issue

what happens when you specifically install TC to an existing folder which tomcat-user has
read,execute and write access to and

execute the file directly from command-line

?
Martin

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 16:48:07 +0200
> From: 1destroyer1@gmx.de
> Subject: Re: Unable to start Tomcat 6 on Windows Server 2003
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org; users@tomcat.apache.org
>
> > On 26/06/2010 09:00, 1destroyer1@gmx.de wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a problem starting a TomCat on a Windows 2003 Server:
> > >
> > > Java Version installed: 1.6.0_11 JRE & JDK
> > > Tomcat Version used for tests: 6.0.16 & 6.0.26
> > >
> > > First i installed the Tomcat.exe on the server -> Tomcat do not start
> >
> > Where did you get "Tomcat.exe" and how did you do the install?
>
> Of course from: http://archive.apache.org/dist/tomcat/tomcat-6/v6.0.16/bin/
> exact name: apache-tomcat-6.0.16.exe
>

> > > Failure in Log:
> > > [error] FindClass org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap failed [error]
> > Failed loading main org/apache/catalina/startup/Bootstrap class C:\Program
> > Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\bin\bootstrap.jar [error]
> > ServiceStart returned 3
> > >
> > > Then i downloaded the tomcat.zip and made tests through a command box:
> > > The Tomcat do not start with „catalina.bat run“ in the box is
> > written that he can not find "Class org/apache/juli/logging/LogFactory"...
> > > The file is definitely there...
> >
> > What happens if you run startup.bat?
>
> A second dos box shortly appear and is closing immediately...
>

> > > I installed a Test VM and adapt the configuration 100% with double check
> > from a colleague: Tomcat is running.
> >
> > What did you do differently when you installed it in the VM rather in
> > the main OS?
> >

> Nothing. I installed Java & Tomcat totally in the same way! Same downloaded files
as well.

> The difference is that the main OS is part of a domain and i think with specific group
policies, but currently i do not know which can be causing this... the vm is a standalone
w2k3 with no gpo´s.

> As written before: I think it is one of the domain policies that is causing this but
i really have no clue which policy can cause this behavior... Any suggestions?