tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Oullion <theaz...@hotmail.com>
Subject Perfomance analysis
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:05:24 GMT

hello,

I'm doing some benchmark on Web service's Call and I have some strange results.

First of all,

My web service is on a Axis2 1.5.1  framework,

I use a Apache Tomcat 6.0.20 / JRE (server mode) 1.6.0_20-b02.

I use JMeter 2.3.4 to do my benchmark.

When I analyze my result, I have some nice (and stable ) things but some times I observe a
huge decrease of Hit/second and a huge increase of response time.

For example, normal response time is (avg) 300 ms and it increase to 1.000 ms and more, at
the same time the hit/second decrease from 90 to 40.

I watch the CPU activity to see if the bottleneck is here and I observe that I have the same
thing.

When the response time increase, the CPU activity fall down from 40% to 10%.

I watch disk time access too and I don't observe a link between this activity and the fall
of performance.

I try to attach my graph to this mail but I don't know if it's okay on the mailing list.

I don't understand why some time the performance fall down.

So, if you are some ideas...