tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject fail_on_status question
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:30:11 GMT
In our present environment we have a WS and APP server. When request
comes in, WS sends it to APP server using mod_jk and then APP server
inserts it into JMS queue. So essentially APP server is also dependent
on JMS server which runs on the same box.

My question is can I use fail_on_status in worker.properties to take
one of the APP servers out of service from mod_jk(WS) by returning
some Http error code as a response to a request when JMS server is
down and a request comes in? Since cping and cpong will still return
success would this mechanism of fail_on_status work?

Are there any other suggestions?