tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP Port
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:15:26 GMT
2010/6/23 Aaron Clark <aclark@intellicominc.com>:
> 1) Terminal Services starts listening on port 80 instead of 3380
>
> 2) We determined this by disabling Tomcat. The problem stopped. This is happening on
their website, so we would know it happens because customers would call in saying the website
is down.

> 3) Right now (before the switch) it is showing tomcat running on 80 and svchost running
on 3389. I haven't run this command after the switch yet.

> 4) Tomcat is what runs on port 80, yes.

Are access logs enabled on that system? What happens with Tomcat when
this happens (is it down and unable to start?) I doubt that this
change might happen while Tomcat still runs. Is the system property
secured? E.g. such trivial issue as CVE-2009-3548

http://tomcat.apache.org/security-6.html

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko