tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting JK_REMOTE_USER help
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:16:59 GMT
All,

I'm trying to setup apache in front of tomcat and have apache do the
authentication for access and pass the user's context back to tomcat.
I've seen documentation that says that I should set the JK_REMOTE_USER
environment variable but it doesn't seem to be working.  Here is my
httpd configuration:

JkWorkerProperty worker.list=worker1
JkWorkerProperty worker.worker1.type=ajp13
JkWorkerProperty worker.worker1.host=localhost
JkWorkerProperty worker.worker1.port=8009

JkShmFile     /home/sys/oracle/oaam/apache/tmp/mod_jk.shm
JkLogFile     /home/sys/oracle/oaam/apache/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel    debug
#JkEnvVar       REMOTE_USER worker1
JkEnvVar JK_REMOTE_USER %{remoteUser}e
<Location /oarm/* >
       AuthType Basic
AuthName "OARM - Apache"
# (Following line optional)
AuthBasicProvider file
AuthUserFile /home/sys/oracle/oaam/apache/conf/oarm.pwd
Require user  oaamadmin

#SetEnv JK_REMOTE_USER REMOTE_USER
#JkEnvVar JK_REMOTE_USER %{remoteUser}e

       JkMount worker1