tomcat-users mailing list archives

From antonio giulio <>
Subject Re: HyperLink Office connection
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 19:21:17 GMT
When u click on the link a browser is open (my deafult browser is
firefox but with IE is the same)
Basically it looks at me this:

the browser starts one session and so tomcat generate a jsessionid-cookie
Word (Office) open a parallel connection with the same server, so
tomcat create a new jsessionid.

more info here

the application is "confused" cos it looks like 2 sessions are
generated for the same request and "delete" the cached value session.

I need to "join" the 2 jsessionid basically to be only one session

for Microsoft the SingleSignOn process is not the right way
communicate with "Office"

On 9 June 2010 19:30, Caldarale, Charles R <> wrote:
>> From: Christopher Schultz []
>> Subject: Re: HyperLink Office connection
>> Or do you mean that Word has some kind of embedded web
>> browser (almost certainly MSIE).
> Yes, MS Office products have done this for ages.  IE is a just a rendering engine that
can be invoked by pretty much any program to display HTML in any window the program provides.
 I think it's running as a separate child process rather than in-process, but I'm not positive
about that.
>  - Chuck

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: