tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Marc Boorshtein <>
Subject Re: Setting JK_REMOTE_USER help
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 15:23:34 GMT
> You're talking about having to change your app, but you've only
> described having to make modifications to a Tomcat internal support class.
> You seem to be saying that Tomcat has a compliancy issue - IMO the
> problem with leaving that unchallenged is that it breeds
> misunderstanding that would land back here sometime later.
> I don't think it's reasonable to mix an argument about spec compliancy
> with an point about something that isn't covered by the spec - even if
> it is a common requirement.

We can agree to disagree on this one.  Either way Tomcat 6 can not
support a very common pattern in application deployment.  I think it
would be valuable for Tomcat to support this model and will work on
I'll take a look at the 7 code to see how I can help.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message