tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: One question about change port to 80
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:31:48 GMT
> From: Yue Yuanyuan [mailto:yue.yuanyuan@gmail.com]
> Subject: One question about change port to 80
>
> The server.xml file was modified to
>     <Connector port="80" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
> nnector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>                connectionTimeout="20000"
>                redirectPort="8443" />

Well, that 'nnector port="8080"' you've got in there doesn't look particularly attractive...

> But I am using root directly to do the operation.

Which you really, really shouldn't be doing.
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/HowTo#How_to_run_Tomcat_without_root_privileges.3F

> Then I tried to change the port into 8888 or others.
> They all do not work.

Fix your editing of the <Connector> element, then check the firewall and iptables settings.

 - Chuck