tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: HTTP compression
Date Sun, 27 Jun 2010 22:02:33 GMT
> From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
> Subject: Re: HTTP compression
>
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><soap:Envelope
> > xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
> > xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"><soap:Body>
> > <processEncrypted xmlns="http://www.vantagebanking.com">
> > <arg0 xmlns="">ADwAUgBFAFEAVQBFAFMAVAA+ADwARwBFAE4ARQBSAEEATAAgAEwAbwBjAGEAbA

I suspect the payload is /encrypted/, not compressed (hence the "processEncrypted" element).
 Fiddling (no pun intended) with the compression won't change that.

> I'm not familiar with Fiddler, what does the above represent?

Fiddler2 is a very cool proxy that will display lots of interesting things about HTTP traffic:
http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler2/

Easier to use than Wireshark for typical HTTP messaging investigation.  Unfortunately, it
appears to be Windows-only, so it won't be terribly useful on Pid's Mac...

 - Chuck