tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP Port
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 22:27:26 GMT
> From: Aaron Clark [mailto:aclark@intellicominc.com]
> Subject: RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP
> Port

> The RDP port is in the registry. It's at
> \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\
> TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber

Grumble... regedit doesn't seem to find non-text values, so I missed it when searching for
3389.  Does the registry entry change when the switch happens?

> Do you think its more likey that its a bug in the OS, or
> the server has been comprimised.

Very good question, and not easily answered.  Looking in Windows' event logs (in addition
to the previously suggested Tomcat logs) might show something of interest going on at the
time of the switch.

 - Chuck