tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat current thread count
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:28:06 GMT
> From: Ozgur Ozdemircili [mailto:ozgur.ozdemircili@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat current thread count
>
> I have gotten a thread dump using kill -3 .

Don't see anything wrong with the Tomcat threads.  As Chris noted, they are all just waiting
for another request to show up, which is normal.  However, you do have several Timer-x threads
going, which makes me suspicious that you webapp is starting up extra threads and not properly
managing them.  Simply making them daemon (as they are) is not sufficient, since the daemon
threads won't terminate until Tomcat is fully shut down.  There are also some other threads
running that start in your webapp, including one waiting on a UDP socket.

This still looks like poor resource management by your webapp.

 - Chuck