tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP Port
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:21:56 GMT
> From: Aaron Clark [mailto:aclark@intellicominc.com]
> Subject: RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP
> Port
>
> I don't understand how a bug in the OS would cause the RDP
> port to change if (3rd Party Application A) is running.

We've seen on numerous occasions that Windows mixes up handles occasionally (although I've
never seen that with sockets before).  If whatever lookup table Windows uses to translate
an fd/socket handle into the real structure is corrupted, the process can suddenly start using
another port.

I can't think of any possible way for any lump of user code to cause this - unless Windows
security has taken a giant step backwards.

 - Chuck