tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP Port
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 14:30:10 GMT
> From: Pid [mailto:pid@pidster.com]
> Subject: Re: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP
> Port
>
> It also doesn't have a mechanism for changing it's own port, or any
> other application's port once it's running.

Actually, no process has the ability to change the ports used by some other process.  I have
to think this is a serious Windows bug - getting handles confused.  Often observed on other
versions of Windows for various objects (especially icons), so it doesn't really surprise
me that the tradition continues in 2K8R2.

The RDP port does not appear to be kept in the registry (other than in the firewall open port
list), so it doesn't look like it could be an inadvertent registry edit causing the problem.

 - Chuck