tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Does GC Really Matter (Is This Situation)?
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:39:38 GMT
> From: Robinson, Eric [mailto:eric.robinson@psmnv.com]
> Subject: Does GC Really Matter (Is This Situation)?
>
> Some people say this approach will lead to increased CPU
> utilization from frequent GC

If you're referring to what I said, note the numerous caveats I included.  Only if you happened
to be right on the borderline of the minimum heap size would CPU usage be excessive, and all
evidence indicates that none of your 160 instances are.

> Given the circumstances, is there anything to be gained
> from increasing the heap size?

No.  Just continue to monitor the CPU and heap usage (as it looks like you have been doing),
especially if you have an increase in overall workload.

 - Chuck