tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat 6.0 documentation: is classloading description correct?
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 03:55:19 GMT
> From: Peter_Ford@blm.gov [mailto:Peter_Ford@blm.gov]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 6.0 documentation: is classloading description
> correct?
>
> The docs say in one place that the order is one way (WebApp
> first, then Boot, System and Common, which is as I'd expect)

Please document where it says that; make sure not to ignore the sentence: "There are exceptions."
 Also, don't assume that the complete list of exceptions is described in that paragraph rather
than the bulleted list.

> I need confirmation that that second part of the documentation
> is in error (or not, of course).

All parts of the classloader doc appear to be correct to me, also confirmed by a quick glance
at the code.

You might want to look at the API spec for the class of interest:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/loader/WebappClassLoader.html

 - Chuck