tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Multiple Tomcat Instances
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 03:44:42 GMT
> From: Leo Donahue - PLANDEVX [mailto:LeoDonahue@mail.maricopa.gov]
> Subject: RE: Multiple Tomcat Instances
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/introduction.html  ( If read
> the docs literally, there is no README.txt in my CATALINA_HOME )

Nor does the doc actually say there is a README.txt file in $CATALINA_HOME; that reference
is there merely to explain how to interpret $CATALINA_HOME when it appears in the doc.

> I was looking in both of those, which is where I saw the call to
> setenv.bat and assumed that must be where you define it, otherwise what
> is that call for?

The setenv.bat script allows you to configure various environment variables for use by the
JVM or your webapps; it's too late to set CATALINA_BASE there, since CATALINA_BASE is used
to locate the setenv.bat script - as clearly stated in RUNNING.txt.  Each user should be setting
CATALINA_BASE themselves - you could easily establish one for each user in the Windows equivalent
of the user profile.

 - Chuck