tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Re: R: RE: Re: intermittent SocketException on startup tomcat 5.5.28 and under JBOSS 4.2.3GA
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 20:22:40 GMT
> From: agonat@libero.it [mailto:agonat@libero.it]
> Subject: R: Re: R: RE: Re: intermittent SocketException on startup
> tomcat 5.5.28 and under JBOSS 4.2.3GA
>
> So the error referred, sometime occours.  In particular i have
> noted that this error rise when a lot user make login in the
> application (in a few second).  Probably this may be depend from
> a lot tcp/ip connection, but, this using netstat -na not appear.

After Googling a bit for the symptoms, it looks like you are not alone in hitting this Windows
bug or limitation, most on Win2K3.  There have been several reports of the server socket being
inexplicably closed on Windows, for no apparent reason, but all under heavy load.  (I did
not come across any such occurrences on Linux.)  No solutions were apparent, other than the
obvious one of changing platforms.

 - Chuck