tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: single user session and block log-in after faut
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:00:37 GMT
> From: banto [mailto:banto.78@gmail.com]
> Subject: single user session and block log-in after faut

> i would like to know how to fix the following problems:

We would like to know what Tomcat version you're using and what kind of <Realm> you've
chosen to use.

> 1) how can i set tocat in such a way to permit only one
> session per user?

There's nothing built into Tomcat to do that.  You could write a filter for the webapp that
tracks the logged in users, and rejects requests that don't fit your login criteria.  However,
that filter won't get invoked until after a second or subsequent successful login.  If you
want to prevent second logins, you'll need your own <Realm>.  Another option is that
you might be able to configure or modify SecurityFilter to do the job.

http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/

 - Chuck