tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: apache2 tomcat6.0.26 mod_jk
Date Tue, 01 Jun 2010 18:40:21 GMT
> From: Rathna [mailto:genterie@gmail.com]
> Subject: apache2 tomcat6.0.26 mod_jk
>
> Let's say I own two websites.
> 1) batman.com
> 2) superman.com
>
> I have two web applications hosted in tomcat6 under webapps.
> 1) /usr/local/tomcat6/webapps/batman
> 2) /usr/local/tomcat6/webapps/superman

Don't know about doing this in httpd (do you really need it?), but for Tomcat, try the following:

1) Create two <Host> entries in Tomcat's server.xml, one for www.batman.com, one for
www.superman.com.

2) Configure a separate appBase directory for each <Host>.

3) Move the batman webapp to the batman <Host> appBase directory as ROOT (case sensitive).

4) Likewise, move the superman webapp to the superman <Host> appBase directory as ROOT.

You're done.

Details are here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

 - Chuck