tomcat-users mailing list archives

From j...@rogers.com
Subject Re: adding servlet to existing website through iis7 and tomcat6
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:29:13 GMT
JB

--- On Tue, 6/15/10, Pid <pid@pidster.com> wrote:

From: Pid <pid@pidster.com>
Subject: Re: adding servlet to existing website through iis7 and tomcat6
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 1:10 PM

On 15/06/2010 16:04, jbuy@rogers.com wrote:
> Hi,
> Im using apache tomcat 6.0.18, and have configured it successfully with IIS7.  I am
able to view the Tomcat examples through both localhost and localhost:8080. I am also able
to view servlets that I have deployed into the tomcat webapps folder through localhost and
localhost:8080.  This is all under the "Default Web Site" of IIS7.
> I'm having trouble viewing servlets i've made through an existing website?
> I've tried adding a virtual directory to my website, like I did for "Default web site"
to my tomcat conf directory, and added the according ISAPI redirectors. All i get is a 404
file not found error.
> If i make a html file, say "test.html", inside the \conf folder, i can get to it through:
>  http://<my website address>/<virtual directory name>/test.html

That sounds wrong "tomcat/conf" is not a directory that should be
published.  (It would be a security risk)

I'd undo that and start over.

What is it that you're trying to achieve?