tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paula Díaz Redondo <Paula.D...@uab.cat>
Subject I'm not able to access to Tomcat Manager
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:57:43 GMT

Dear sr./madame

I'have recently installed the apache-tomcat-6.0.26.exe (in a Windows XP), I made the changes
to insert the administrator in the "tomcat-users.xml", now this documents is like follows:

<tomcat-users>
<role rolename="manager"/>
<user username="tomcat"  password="TomcatAdm" roles="manager"/>
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
-->
</tomcat-users>

The next step i'm trying to do it to access to the "Tomcat Manager", but when I insert as
username "tomcat" and password "TomcatAdm" it doesn't allow me the acces, what should I write?.
Finaly, before trying it several times, my acces was turned down:

type Informe de estado

mensaje El acceso al recurso pedido ha sido denegado

descripción El acceso al recurso especificado (El acceso al recurso pedido ha sido denegado)
ha sido prohibido.

I hope it could be solved, and i could access

Than you for your attention,

Paula Díaz

Grup de Mètodes i Aplicacions en Teledetecció i SIG
Departament de Geografia
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
08193 - Cerdanyola del Vallès
(Barcelona) Spain