tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robin...@psmnv.com>
Subject RE: Does GC Really Matter (In This Situation)?
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:31:55 GMT
> You can monitor the gc with jstat.
> jstat -gc <pid> 10s
> This wil show you the memory usage of a java instance with the time
spent in GC.
> If it does 0.9 sec. of GC every sec. yare running inefficient. :-)

Thanks. I guess I could restate the question as, "Does GC inefficiency
really matter if overall CPU utilization remains low?"

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - June 23, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Ronald
Klop,Tomcat Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute,
copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
the author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions
to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.