tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robin...@psmnv.com>
Subject RE: Showing Tomcat Memory Utilization with 'top'
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:36:08 GMT
> Also, I believe VIRT includes memory shared with other
> processes, so if you have 50MiB of Java system classes
> loaded and a modern JVM which shares them among running JVMs,
> then you'll see that 50MiB included in every process's VIRT
> that is sharing it, which is somewhat misleading.

Excellent point. 'top' shows 30-40MB in the 'SHR' column for each java
process. Is that what you're referring to?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - June 22, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Tomcat
Users List,Caldarale, Charles R. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
those of the author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable
precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility
for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.