tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robin...@psmnv.com>
Subject RE: Showing Tomcat Memory Utilization with 'top'
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:49:24 GMT
>> 2. Where does the 64MB of java heap show up?

> Buried inside the VIRT number.

For example, I have a tomcat configured to use 96MB of heap (export
JAVA_OPTS="-ms96M -mx96M"). Top shows VIRT=336396, RES=227264. I'm
guessing that the 96MB of heap is buried in BOTH the VIRT and RES
numbers?

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - June 22, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Tomcat
Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy
or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions
to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.