tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robin...@psmnv.com>
Subject RE: Does GC Really Matter (Is This Situation)?
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:55:21 GMT
>> Some people say this approach will lead to increased CPU
> utilization

> If you're referring to what I said, note the numerous caveats I
> included.

Sorry, I wasn't referring specifically your comments. Over the years
I've heard the same thing a few times from different sources. It seems
to be the conventional wisdom on the subject.

> No.  Just continue to monitor the CPU and heap usage
> (as it looks like you have been doing), especially if you
> have an increase in overall workload.

That's what I thought. Thanks.

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - June 22, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Tomcat
Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy
or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions
to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.