tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robin...@psmnv.com>
Subject RE: Setting the Right Amount of Memory
Date Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:10:29 GMT
> Just wondering, what tools do you use to manage all the
> instances? Also, what do you use to look for the OutOfMemory
> in logs?  I am looking at Splunk too.

Just shell scripts. We have scripts that...

	-- set up a new instance and customize it for a new customer
	-- stops, starts, restarts, optionally clearing the work folders
	-- analyzes jasper logs for system responsiveness (both realtime
and historically)
	-- synchronizes certain files between instances on different
tomcat servers
	-- watches for OutOfMemory in various logs
 	-- grooms logs periodically
	-- monitors various logs in realtime

..and so on. Never found anything we couldn't do with bash and cron.

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - June 17, 2010
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Tomcat
Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy
or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and might not represent those of . Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions
to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.