tomcat-users mailing list archives

From j...@rogers.com
Subject RE: adding servlet to existing website through iis7 and tomcat6
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 18:08:37 GMT

my website. But it is working properly when i access my servlet through http://localhost:80

thanksa lot
JB

--- On Tue, 6/15/10, Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: adding servlet to existing website through iis7 and tomcat6
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Tuesday, June 15, 2010, 1:46 PM

suppressing username/passowrds can you display contents of

conf/auto/iis_redirect.reg

conf/auto/uriworkermap.properties

conf/auto/isapi_redirect.properties.

?
Martin Gainty

responsabilité pour le contenu fourni.

> Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:29:13 -0700
> From: jbuy@rogers.com
> Subject: Re: adding servlet to existing website through iis7 and tomcat6
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org; pid@pidster.com
>
> hi,
> thanks for the response
> what im trying to do is host a servlet i've made onto my website
> i packed it into a WAR file, then deployed it into Tomcat webapps, where i am able to
access it through localhost:8080
> then i configured iis to work with tomcat. after following various tutorials on how to
configure the isapi redirector (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-iis-howto.html
and http://onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2002/12/18/tomcat.html), i got eveyrthing working for localhost:8080,
the "default website"
> my servlet works under:
> http://localhost/<servletname>
> and also works for the supplied tomcat examples in:
> http://localhost/examples/servlets/
> I tried following the same steps for my own website, as i did for the Default Website.
> When i try to access the page i get 404 file not found errors
> btw, "tomcat/conf" is where i have the isapi_redirector.dll, and also the various properties
files.
> thanks
> JB

I am able to view the Tomcat examples through both localhost and localhost:8080. I am also
able to view servlets that I have deployed into the tomcat webapps folder through localhost
and localhost:8080.  This is all under the "Default Web Site" of IIS7.
> > I'm having trouble viewing servlets i've made through an existing website?
> > I've tried adding a virtual directory to my website, like I did for "Default web
site" to my tomcat conf directory, and added the according ISAPI redirectors. All i get is
a 404 file not found error.