tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tomislav Petrović <t.petro...@inet.hr>
Subject Re: Webapp reloading issue and intermittent 404 errors
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:10:47 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R said on 30.6.2010 15:03:
>> From: Tomislav Petrović [mailto:t.petrovic@inet.hr]
>> Subject: Re: Webapp reloading issue and intermittent 404 errors
>>
>> Can you post me how my new server.xml should look and how
>> some_webapp/META-INF/context.xml should look.
>
> Just remove all<Context>  elements from server.xml - it's bad practice to have
them there, since it violates the principle of self-contained webapps, and making any changes
require restarting Tomcat, not just the webapp.

> <Context reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
>    <ResourceLink global="jdbc/SomeDB" name="jdbc/SomeDB" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
/>
>    <ResourceLink global="jdbc/SomeDB2" name="jdbc/SomeDB2" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
/>
> </Context>
>
>> Also would apprecite link to right documentation why it
>> should be that way, thanks.
>
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/context.html
>
>> And do you really think this would solve my initial problem, or....?
>
> Nope.

Thanks for info, but any idea what caused original problem? And if I can
provide any additional info to help resolve it.
Unfortunately can't test it anymore since server where it happened
(doesn't anymore with reloadable="false") is going into production.

--
Tomy <t.petrovic@inet.hr>