tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tomislav Petrović <t.petro...@inet.hr>
Subject Re: Webapp reloading issue and intermittent 404 errors
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 12:07:37 GMT
Pid said on 30.6.2010 13:06:
> On 30/06/2010 11:59, Tomislav Petrović wrote:
>> 	<Context path="/some_webapp" docBase="/some_webapp" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
>> 	<ResourceLink global="jdbc/SomeDB" name="jdbc/SomeDB" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
/>
>> 	<ResourceLink global="jdbc/SomeDB2" name="jdbc/SomeDB2" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
/>

> If these are the actual values then it's a miracle it's working at all.

Only app name/paths and jdbs names have been changed to dummy values.

> Instead of defining it there, remove the debug, path and docBase
> attributes and put it in
>
>   some_webapp/META-INF/context.xml
>

> Tomcat will work out the rest automatically.

Sorry for newbie question.
Can you post me how my new server.xml should look and how
some_webapp/META-INF/context.xml should look.

Also would apprecite link to right documentation why it should be that
way, thanks.

And do you really think this would solve my initial problem, or....?

--
Tomy <t.petrovic@inet.hr>