tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <david.sm...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Unable to start Tomcat 6 on Windows Server 2003
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2010 20:01:12 GMT

On 6/26/2010 12:19 PM, 1destroyer1@gmx.de wrote:

> What happens if you run startup.bat?
>
> A second dos box shortly appear and is closing immediately...
>
> Start a command prompt first, then manually type the startup.bat command
> - don't double click the file to run it.
>
> What does the error message say exactly?
>
> i started "startup.bat" in a command box -> all env variables are shown, no failures,
and pathes are correct
> and a second command box shortly appear and immediatly closed again. no chance to read
it out :)

A second command prompt window??  I've never seen tomcat do such a
thing.  What did the main window show?  If left as is, can you access
tomcat via a browser?  Anything in catalina.out?  Anything in the event
log?

If all that fails to produce anything, I highly recommend process
monitor to trace the what tomcat/jvm is trying to do and where it's failing:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

--David