tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Apache Tomcat 6.0.18 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Changes RDP Port
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:35:08 GMT
Aaron Clark wrote:
> The RDP port is in the registry. It's at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\PortNumber
>
> Bug or not, it only happens when Tomcat is running.

Maybe.  But what people here are telling you is that
- one process cannot change the port another process is listening on.  If it can, then
this is a bug of the O.S.
- if the RDP process changes the port it itself is listening on, then it sounds like a
problem of the RDP service/program.
- if one process is already listening on one port (like Tomcat is listening on port 80 in

this case), then another process cannot open the same port to listen on.  If it can, then

it is (again) a problem of the O.S.
- we've run a lot of Tomcats on a lot of Windows, and never heard of a problem like that.

So all in all, do you not want to re-examine your assumptions ?
(not saying this to sound nasty or send you back to the MS guys; just trying to be
logical, and to look at the more probable causes first, before looking at the less
probable ones)