tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Does Tomcat cache pages it's executing?
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:24:58 GMT
On 6/25/2010 10:03 AM, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> I have some weird behavior going on, I think with my Tomcat 6.0.18 server in Eclipse.
>
> In my dynamic web project in Eclipse I had created a test index.jsp (TESTindex.jsp) page
and had the original index.jsp page in the same web content folder. I was renaming these accordingly
to TESTindex and index.jsp while testing. I completed testing and deleted the TESTindex.jsp
page but when I run my app the deleted TESTindex.jsp page is still showing up as my index.jsp
page.

> I did a SEARCH on my C: for the specific text in the TESTindex.jsp page but search did
not find anything. Is there somewhere in Tomcat that is holding that TESTindex.jsp page as
my index.jsp page? Is there a cache in Tomcat that I can clear out or something like that?

> This is driving me crazy. I have my original index.jsp in my project currently that I'm
needing my web app to execute but it still goes to this TESTindex.jsp page as my index.jsp
page. I've removed and added the project to Tomcat in the Servers tab in Eclipse and I've
rebooted Tomcat several times but to no avail.

> Any suggestions or direction here would be appreciated.

It's probably your browser cache rather than tomcat, so try clearing it.
  Undeploying your webapp and deleting its work directory would clear
out anything tomcat might have left laying about.