tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Does Tomcat cache pages it's executing?
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 14:23:31 GMT
On 25/06/2010 15:03, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> I have some weird behavior going on, I think with my Tomcat 6.0.18 server in Eclipse.
>
> In my dynamic web project in Eclipse I had created a test index.jsp (TESTindex.jsp) page
and had the original index.jsp page in the same web content folder. I was renaming these accordingly
to TESTindex and index.jsp while testing. I completed testing and deleted the TESTindex.jsp
page but when I run my app the deleted TESTindex.jsp page is still showing up as my index.jsp
page.

> I did a SEARCH on my C: for the specific text in the TESTindex.jsp page but search did
not find anything. Is there somewhere in Tomcat that is holding that TESTindex.jsp page as
my index.jsp page? Is there a cache in Tomcat that I can clear out or something like that?

> This is driving me crazy. I have my original index.jsp in my project currently that I'm
needing my web app to execute but it still goes to this TESTindex.jsp page as my index.jsp
page. I've removed and added the project to Tomcat in the Servers tab in Eclipse and I've
rebooted Tomcat several times but to no avail.

> Any suggestions or direction here would be appreciated.

So you had two files, you've switched them by renaming them, but the
earlier version is still being rendered?

Tomcat parses a JSP file, generates a Servlet and compiles it - whcih
responds on the URL of the JSP.  You can find these classes in the
tomcat/work directory structure.

Note: Eclipse make not have put this in an obvious place, so you may
have to hunt for it, if you want to clear out those classes.

You could try opening the correct index.jsp and making a small edit and
resaving it, the new timestamp might kick off an update of the generated
class.

> Melinda Savoy
> Sr. Programmer Analyst, ERP Systems
> Innovative Technology Solutions
> Texas Health Resources
> 600 E. Lamar Blvd, Ste 301, Arlington TX  76011
> MelindaSavoy@texashealth.org<mailto:MelindaSavoy@texashealth.org>
>
> Texas Health Resources: Arlington Memorial,
> Harris Methodist and Presbyterian Hospitals
> A shared mission and now a shared name.
>

> The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the
use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that
is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
 Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from
your system.