tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Setting Up AJP Workers as a Failover
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 01:48:00 GMT
On 23.06.2010 01:12, David Fisher wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've got myself in a situation where I need a stopgap quick fix - until we can respond
correctly.

> I have the following workers file:
>
> # define the worker list
> worker.list=LoadBalancer
>
> # Define the LB worker
> worker.LoadBalancer.type=lb
> worker.LoadBalancer.balance_workers=webprod1,webprod2
> worker.LoadBalancer.sticky_session=1
>
> # configure each worker
> worker.webprod1.type=ajp13
> worker.webprod1.host=webprod1
> worker.webprod1.port=8009
> worker.webprod1.lbfactor=100
>
> worker.webprod2.type=ajp13
> worker.webprod2.host=webprod2
> worker.webprod2.port=8009
> worker.webprod2.lbfactor=100
>
> If I change the last line to "worker.webprod2.lbfactor=0" will webprod2 only be used
if webprod1 is disconnected or otherwise in an error state?

No, value "0" ist not supported and will automatically be changed to "1".

What about using activation=disabled?

What are you trying to achieve?

You should also look at the example configuration bundled with the
1.2.30 sources. It contains nice suggestions about timeouts that your
configuration is lacking.

> My other choice is to turn off one of the server's Tomcat instance.
>
> The real solution might take a day or two and that is to put back JSESSIONID - meanwhile
I'm looking at how to fix occasional strangeness for users. If someone has a way to force
JSESSIONID with a valve or filter that would be great.

> Yes my jvmroutes are set.

Regards,

Rainer