tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Terence M. Bandoian" <tere...@tmbsw.com>
Subject RE: Still having problem retrieving user value from ISAPI Filter for authentication
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:30:07 GMT
Hi, Melinda-

I'm not sure it's going to be that easy. From what I've read, the NTLM
authorization header includes structured data that is encoded using a
server nonce and/or the password.  However, AUTH_USER, REMOTE_USER and
LOGON_USER variables should be available to ISAPI applications with
NTLM.  I'd be looking on the ISAPI side for a way, maybe a configuration
setting, to pass the decoded NTLM credentials to tomcat.

-Terence Bandoian

Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Question.  As my code is currently blowing up when I setup the Base64Decoder in my constructor
I'm getting an error immediately, at any rate I'm working thru that, but will this DECODE
method show me the USERID that I'm looking for?

> That is what I'm needing.  Thank you.

shows the encrypted NTLM value but it is not decrypted and I cannot get to the info though
the ISAPI log shows the decrypted value which I cannot get to:

>> =imeHeaders ===
>> accept =
>> accept-language =us
>> connection îp-Alive
>> host =alhost
>> user-agent =illa/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR
1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; InfoPath.2; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152;
.NET CLR 3.5.30729; MS-RTC LM 8; MS-RTC EA 2)
>> cookie =SSIONID-9AE176A965514B845A6E3A9E83A21E
>> authorization =M TlRMTVNTUAADAAAAAAAAAEgAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAABIAAAAAAAAAEgAAAAAAAAASAAAAAAAAABIAAAABcKIogUBKAoAAAAP
>> accept-encoding =p, deflate
>> content-length >
>> I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.  Again, any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks.

the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you
are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the
information.  Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original
message from your system.